So many debate over this question every day. I mean, it IS a good question. Why would you want to get up and get the party started if you aren't used to moving much. Although you may not LOVE how you feel, you are doing alright and are used to your usual tummy issues, frustration from being overweight and achy joints. It's not THAT bad.... or is it?
Have you stopped to listen to your body? Take a few minutes to stop what you are doing and think about this. Go ahead; I'll wait. No, really, stop what you are doing, close your eyes for a minute and envision what you want your future to look like. Take your time with this vision so you can clearly see what it is you want to accomplish. Where are you? Who are you with? What types of people have you surrounded yourself with? What do you look like? Are you working? What job do you have? How do you feel?
You are the best judge of how you are feeling. Most just think being exhausted during the day or having ongoing pain in their knees when they go to stand up is normal or "a part of the aging process". You have to decide if that's something you want to live with or you want it to change. YOU get to decide if you are worth the change. YOU get to decide if your body deserves for you to be treating it better. I encourage you to take a deep, soul searching look and find that the answer is yes. I will provide you with three quick steps to get you ready for a workout, but you've got to do the work and you've got to want it.
You decide. Are you worth the effort it will take? If you don't believe in yourself yet, begin the process and your mind will often catch up.
1. When you go to change, (whether it's first thing in the morning or in the evening when you change out of your professional attire) get dressed in your workout gear. If you are dressed and ready (whether you feel like working out at the time or not) it will make it much easier to begin a workout later.
2. Play your workout playlist. BLARE it out if you need to! Music energizes people and generally makes them happy and often makes them want to get moving.
3. Tell yourself you will workout for just 10 minutes. You can get through 10 minutes, right? Once you get your body moving, your mind also connects with the movement and your endorphins will start pumping. You will more than likely end up working out longer. If not, well then you at least did 10 minutes and you can be done for the day.
I'm excited to get to share with you topics on all things wellness! Recipes, mental health and well being, workouts, fun fitness ideas and how your children fit into to all of it. Find me on FACEBOOK at Your Wellness Solutions, PLLC. https://www.facebook.com/YourWellnessSolutionsPLLC?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
ALL THINGS "WELLNESS"
1. Energy Psychology
2. Disordered Eating http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/eating-disorders-new-trifold/index.shtml
3. National Institute of Mental Health
Your Wellness Solutions, PLLC